Sustainability leaders, experts, industry and innovators from Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific came together to share their knowledge on sustainability challenges and opportunities in the Oceania region as part of a major international sustainability event.
Coordinated by Future Earth Australia, Australian Academia and government partners hosted the sustainability-focused event in Brisbane from 29 June – 1 July 2022.
Sessions were held over three days and covered any aspects of sustainability: climate change, Indigenous knowledges, coastal resilience, urban sustainability, synthetic biology and more. It will focus on sustainability issues and challenges unique to Oceania.
The Oceania Satellite Event built on the outcomes of the inaugural SRI2021 Congress last year in Brisbane, that featured more than 2000 attendees from over 100 countries.
Wellbeing Economies through Fashion
- 0:04 Welcome from Moderator : Assoc. Prof. Samantha Sharpe
- 2:12 Wellbeing Economy – Sufficiency – UTS/ISF – Dr.Monique Retamal
- 10:04 Reuse / Repair – Monash – Aleasha McCallion
- 18:05 Policy & Stewardship – QUT – Assoc.Prof. Alice Payne
- 26:30 Inclusive fashion Practices and Intersectionality – USC – Deborah Fisher
- 34:36 Circularity – Monash – Julie Boulton.
- 47:04 Modern Slavery – UNDA – Assoc.Prof. Martijn Boersma
- 55:33 Regenerative Business models – UTS ISF – Karina Kallio
- 1:04:40 Discussion